Heather Knight 'gutted' by 2021 Women's World Cup postponement

YB WEB DESK. Dated: 8/10/2020 4:07:37 PM


New Zealand, Aug 9 "Gutted" by the postponement of the 2021 women's ODI World Cup, England captain Heather Knight is hoping that the ICC's decision doesn't become an "excuse" for member nations to push women's cricket on the back burner. The 29-year-old ace English cricketer said the event was "feasible", differing with the ICC's decision to push it from next year to February-March of 2022 in view of the COVID-19 pandemic. "Pretty gutted to be honest. I know tough decisions have to be made right now & it would have taken a lot of work (and $$), but it was feasible in NZ," she tweeted. "Hopefully it's not an excuse for boards to put women's cricket on the back burner for the next 12 months with no WC to prepare for," she said. New Zealand has so far recorded 1569 confirmed cases for the virus with a majority of them having recovered, making it one of the least affected countries in the world. The country was scheduled to host the premier tournament from February 6 to March 7 next year. The decision to delay the 12th edition of the women's ODI Word Cup was taken at the ICC Board Meeting which was held via teleconference on Friday. "We have taken the decision to move the Women's World Cup to give players from every competing nation, the best opportunity to be ready for the world's.

 

Face to Face

Indian Army organises tour of 'Air force' for Kashmiri Youth to motivate youth to join Indian Army and Air Force... Read More
 

FACEBOOK

 

Twitter

 
 

Daily horoscope

 

Weather